Is Oasis Insight legal?
- Oasis Insight's database technology and security uses 256-bit encryption and is audited four times a year by an independent security firm to ensure continued security and HIPAA compliance. These are the same security standards utilized by banks and the Federal government.
- The United Way of Northwest Alabama was a key player in the creation of Oasis Insight. Before they allowed the system to be used by their member agencies, they sought legal counsel. The program and its documentation were reviewed by a lawyer to ensure compliance with HIPAA, federal, and state laws.
- Oasis Insight was reviewed by the Alabama Attorney General's office and approved for use by DHR and DHS.
- Several DHS and DHR offices in the US use Oasis Insight.
- We currently serve and have long-standing relationships with almost 40 United Way and 211 offices in the US.
- Oasis Insight was vetted by many organizations before they began using the system. It has met the standards for use every time.